Haberkorn is Austria’s biggest supplier of technical equipment and posts sales revenues of over 213 million euros (2010) with a workforce of approximately 840 employees and a portfolio of more than 100,000 stocked items for industry, construction and trade professionals.
With 7 locations in Austria and another 8 in Eastern Europe, the company makes the procurement process simpler and therefore more efficient for industry and construction by offering a unique range of products, professional advice, innovative services and modern logistics solutions.
As a responsible, value-oriented family business, we see economic, ecological and social considerations as inherent aspects of our integrated approach to corporate management.
This approach is based on core values which we have defined as our guiding principles. We are consistently guided by these corporate values in all our business activities:
- Frankness and mutual appreciation determine our practices.
- Fairness and commitment are very important to us.
- We are solution-oriented, efficient, fast and uncomplicated.
- We challenge and encourage our employees in their personal and professional development.
- Ethical principles of behaviour guide us in everything we do.
- We uphold our responsibility towards society and the environment and are proactive in conserving resources and protecting the environment.
Climate protection is a key focus of our CSR activities. We are aiming to significantly reduce our direct CO2 emissions by 2011. The potentials for reduction are currently being identified and realised as part of a project encompassing all areas of the company.
Numerous other CSR activities form a major part of our corporate culture:
- Corporate policies directed towards long-term value creation
- Relationships with customers, suppliers and competitors based on partnership and fairness
- A consistent system of environmental management (Ökoprofit certification)
- Sharing our business success with our employees
- Leadership principles as the framework for the management style of our executives
- Regular measurement of employee satisfaction (Great Place to Work 2009 – ranked 11th in Austria)
- Integration of people with disabilities (Great Place to Work 2009 special award: Best employer for people with disabilities)
- Apprenticeship excellence award (Province of Vorarlberg) with comprehensive training programme
- Free public transport tickets for all employees
- Numerous initiatives focusing in employee health
- Comprehensive further training concept to promote personal and professional skills of employees
- Support for local associations and social projects
- Support for projects aimed at the promotion of sustainable development
Read more about Haberkorn.